Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wayne's World: A Thought

I think perhaps I was Wayne Thiebaud in my last life. Of course, that would not make much sense given that Wayne Thiebaud is still alive. But I do believe he understands something that I, too, understand but so often struggle to express: that things always taste better with our eyes than with our tastebuds.
I once read in a book that we are always happiest in that split second before we tear open the wrapping paper and reveal the present. Like with Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, anything could be inside; the possibilities are infinite. Of course, that is precisely what drives us to open the present when we know that even the best present in the world is bound by its own limitations. So we eat the apple and we fall from Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment